Last Friday I received a call from the receptionist at the school where we were wishing and praying ET would get into. I am SO HAPPY to announce that ET got offered an ALL DAY position at the school we most wanted!!!!! (This is the school right next to Jay's work.)
ET was supposed to walk to a school just outside our neighborhood. I would never have felt comfortable doing this, so being that Jay would need to drive him everyday, we preferred to have him transferred to a school near his work. ET was not even offered an all day K position at the school he was supposed to go to. Because of this, we thought best case scenario would be that he would be offered a half day position at the school we wanted. Therefore, my mind kept thinking that I would still have him with me for part of the day next year. I thought he would still be able to eat lunch with us here, and have the remainder of the day with us. When I received the news that he would in fact be going to all day Kindergarten, I got a little emotional. Don't get me wrong, this is exactly what I want for him and what he needs, but I am going to go through some serious withdrawals without him here with me everyday.
I can so clearly remember when ET turned 2 1/2 years old, telling Jay how hard it was to believe that I was already half way through his primary years of caring for him at home. Now it seems, the other 2 1/2 years have gone by in a blink of eye and it deeply saddens me. I know that I have made the most of my time with him, and I wouldn't change a thing. I am just going to miss my little guy.
Despite my motherly emotional feelings, I am also so thrilled to know that ET will be able to experience an all day Kindergarten. It is great that he will be able to eat lunch with his friends, play on the playground for recess, and extend his lessons in the afternoons. I feel a lot less pressure on me to get him ready for first grade, because I don't feel that a half day Kindergarten would have readily prepared him. So with all that said, I am so thankful for such a joyous outcome to our many many prayers! It is such a good feeling knowing exactly where he will be next year. ET asked us many questions about Kindergarten and with all the uncertainty prior to now, it was tough to answer those questions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment