Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

I am fully aware that Mother's Day is really a day and not a whole weekend, but regardless of that, I thought I would just write about what we did both days.

On Saturday the boys and Jay planted their first garden! This was pretty special to all of us!  They worked so hard...











Jay also planted flowers in the front yard.  I love this time of year!


On Saturday night, we had our first campfire of the year.


 I would like to say he made a couple bites out of his first marshmallow, but I can't.
 "I would like to smile for you Mommy, but I got this sticky stuff I all over me now!"

On Mother' Day we woke and went to church, came home for lunch, and Nate's nap and then headed over to my MIL's house to drop by some flowers for her.  While Nate napped, I rested in my lawn chair outside.  The whole weekend was not overly exciting but the weather was so wonderful, I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Here are some cards and crafts the boys made for me...

I asked that the kids write "Happy Mother's Day! I love you!"  ET was feeling a bit sluggish on this day, so he said, "I will just write Happy, and I love."  That works for me.  I know it still comes from the heart!
 When I think about my Mommy, I think of these words: special, hot dogs, love, yellow flowers, care, me, and the park.
I was really impressed with the body that ET drew of himself in this picture...
 Happy Mother's Day!  Love, Nate

ET made this for me at school.  He hid it in the garage for nearly a week. :)  It is a card with a picture of our family, and a bookmark with a poem and a flower made from his fingerprints.

 ET also made this picture for me.  This is a pretty common picture ET makes for me periodically.  It is a picture of our home and our family.
My absolute most favorite thing about these pictures is that he ALWAYS draws the belly buttons on his people! How adorable is that?!  He has been doing it this way for quite some time. :)
ET also tried his hardest all week to plant a seed and make a flower grow in the corner of our yard somewhere.  He was very saddened when his gardening experiment didn't turn out and he didn't have a flower for me.  Of course, I was very understanding and so he felt okay.  What a sweet guy though!

It is truly a gift to be called "Mom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment