Sunday, March 25, 2012

Our weekend...

Music is what feeling sounds like...Author Unknown

We truly had an INCREDIBLE weekend all centered around music! Right away on Saturday morning, our newly restored piano was delivered to our home!

This piano is a 1903 Story & Clark, and has been in Jay's family for 3 generations. We decided to have it restored and we are so glad we did! We are so thankful that Jay's parents could pass it on to us! I have already made a couple calls to piano teachers in the area. I am so excited to make music a priority for this family!

Here are few pics of the boys playing it for the first time...







Saturday evening, my Dad came over to watch the boys so Jay and I could go out to dinner with a few of the family members, and to the Gungor concert at Northwestern State University. My Uncle Jack generously treated us to dinner at Don Pablo's with my Aunt Nancy, Cousin Stacy, and her boyfriend Taylor. It was a great time catching up with one another.

The Gungor concert was amazing! It was such a gift to be able to feel the presence of God in such a strong and powerful way. Everything about the show was impeccable...the musicians, the song choice, the stage set-up, etc. Truly a remarkable show and an unforgettable night!



Here are links to just a few of our favorite Gungor songs on Youtube (click on the title of the song)...

We Will Run To You

Please Be My Strength

The Earth is Yours

Beautiful Things

This Is Not The End

Both Gungor albums are awesome and we would highly recommend purchasing both of them. The opening act for Gungor was a band called The Brilliance. The lead singer for The Brilliance is actually Michael Gungor's brother. We immediately fell in love with their music as well, and bought all four of their CD's at the show.

Sunday morning, Jay performed one of Gungor's song's (Beautiful Things) at church with Megan; the worship band leader. They did such a wonderful job. I kept ET back from Sunday School so that he could watch him perform. We were so proud!

Here is a link to a YouTube video of Jay and Megan's performance (click on the words below)...

Beautiful Things




Lastly, this evening Jay decided to play his first song on the piano. I have heard him play the guitar and drums hundreds of times, and I have always known he is a great musician, but I have been married to this man for over 7 years and I have never heard him play a song on the piano. I was blown away at this man's talent. He truly made me speechless. It blows me away that he hasn't touched those keys in years and he could immediately pick up right where he left off! He is a gift and an inspiration to our family!

He was very modest and did not want me to video tape him, but I begged and pleaded and so naturally I got my way. :) Seriously though, it was the first time he played on our piano, and I didn't want to forget it. I am grateful he was vulnerable and allowed me to video tape so that I could show all of you.

Here is a link to a YouTube video of Jay playing U2's Running to Stand Still (click on the words below)...

Jay playing U2


Jay also sang Coldplay's The Scientist. This is such a great romantic song about relationships. He wouldn't let me record him doing this one, and I didn't want to push my luck. :)

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. - Psalm 139:14

1 comment:

  1. Wow that was,so beautiful what a blessing

    ReplyDelete