After exhausting every other avenue, we were happy to schedule surgery yesterday for Nathan to have tubes in his ears on April 11th. He saw the ENT yesterday, and the doctor immediately agreed that surgery would be the best option for him.
Nathan has been unable to pass two hearing tests, and has had chronic congestion, and ear infections or fluid in the ear since October. We have sought consistent chiropractic care, and have made changes to his diet (switching from cows milk to almond milk), and have seen no improvements. He also has a severe expressive language delay that we have sought intervention for. Hopefully, this path will improve his hearing and therefore improve his speech, and make him an all around healthier kid.
Many of you know I have worried a lot about Nate over the last year. It is hard not too. I am his mother, and I care passionately for him and his well being. However, I realize that when I worry, I put my focus in the wrong direction. I need to give my worries to the Lord and trust that he has a plan.
Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7
If you are willing, please say a little prayer for Nathan. I am sure he will do great!
Dear Father,
Please remind us to keep our focus on you. Help us to remember your love for us, and that when we truly invest in prayer and relationship with you, we are protected through that love. I pray that you place your healing hands on Nate, and give him the strength to overcome this. Though my concerns are small right now, I know I can come to you with anything. I give my worry to you, and in return I ask for peace of mind in knowing that Nate will soar through this. I am reassured everyday that you have a plan for us, and you know what we need even before we ask. Thank you God for your unconditional love and care for our every need. No other person on Earth can care for us like you do.
In Jesus' name I pray,
Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment