Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Painting Disaster!

I felt the need to blog about this one.  I will read this to the boys when they are older, and they will realize how we age so quickly when we have kids! Ha!

I took the boys to a Peter Pan play at a local high school a couple weeks back.  We came home and I went out for a bit to run errands.  When I returned, I walked into the house and found complete chaos!

Jay was beyond ANGRY!  He told me to go downstairs and see what the boys had done (he had just discovered it himself).  I saw the boys in the table room of the daycare frozen in their tracks and crying because they knew they were in a heap of trouble.  Apparently while I was gone, Jay was working on bills at the computer upstairs.  The boys had gone downstairs to the daycare to play; as they often do.  After a period of time, ET came rushing upstairs saying he was going to take a shower.  Jay saw him practically run down the hallway.  Being that it was the middle of the day, this was a definite red flag for Jay. 

Jay: "FREEZE! Turn around!" ET had his back to him.

ET slowly turned around and revealed that he was COVERED in glitter paint!  I am talking HEAD to TOE!

Jay was raging: "WHAT DID YOU DO!?!?!?"

They both ran downstairs and Jay discovered the biggest paint mess you could possibly imagine!  The boys emptied 3 20 oz. bottles of glitter paint!  They got paint all over the floors, walls, carpet, cabinets, shelves, tables, bathroom, and downstairs kitchen!!!  Let's not forget all over their clothes and even in their hair.  It literally looked like they had a paint fight down there.  They attempted to clean up their mess and it the process used an entire roll of paper towels and an entire container of Clorox wipes.  Their attempts at cleaning only SMEARED the paint worse.  The tables were honestly dripping with paint!

I can't say what my boys were thinking.  I guess their curious little minds got the best of them.  I do know that they were scared out of their minds when they saw our reaction!  I had to strip their clothes in the laundry room, and take them to the shower immediately. 

They lost many privileges that night and learned a valuable lesson.  At least we hope they did!  This is one of those moments where I wished I would have videotaped.  It could have made it on "America's Funniest Home Videos."  It is so laughable and something we will chuckle about for years to come, but boy was it tough not to kick their little behinds in the moment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment