Monday, June 10, 2013

A Cousin's Bridal Shower...

Two of my close cousins announced their engagement this year.  Both weddings will be in June!  I offered to host one of the bridal showers for my cousin Dave and his fiance Sandra.  The party was on Sunday, May 19.  I had 22 beautiful ladies in my home!  Dave and Sandra's wedding colors are raspberry pink, black and gray.  I loved working with a pink theme! I had the help of many wonderful women.

Here is the Bride-to-be greeting everyone...
The dessert table!  I had red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, chocolate brownie bars with cream cheese frosting (brought by Diane's friend Debi), caramel chex mix with cashews and peanut M&M's (Sandra's favorite), and chocolate covered mint balls.

This was the only picture of the food.  For lunch we served two chicken salad spreads on whole wheat buns (one warm, and one cold), a mixed fruit salad, a chicken pasta salad (brought by Diane's friend Carla), a veggie platter (brought by Diane), and Sun Chips (also brought by Diane).

 She is so beautiful!!!
Here is Carla giving the devotional.  It was a sweet and religious message about searching for the good in people, being supportive of the people in your family (your team members), and remembering to cheer them on.
We played two games...One was a kitchen trivia game that my Aunt Diane actually wrote, and the other was "The Price Is Right!"  My sister Becky helped tremendously by planning and preparing the games and prizes!

 Here is my Aunt Diane with Sandra! Two beautiful, positive, and encouraging women in my life!
Here is Sandra's family (bummer it is so blurry).  From the left: Sandra's Mom Linda, Sandra's Sister Lindsey, Sandra's other sister Erin, Sandra, and Sandra's Grandmother Ruth.
Here I am holding a basket of party favors I made.  I packaged up homemade biscotti with gourmet coffee and a tag that read, "Dave and Sandra...The Perfect Blend!"  Dave and Sandra both love coffee (Dave used to work at a Caribou when he was younger).


We are thrilled to welcome Sandra into the family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment