Wednesday, June 5th was ET's last day of Kindergarten. It was an awesome year! He never missed a single day! They don't encourage that though, so he did not receive a perfect attendance award (they don't want sick kids coming to school). He is happy to be able to sleep in and stay up late now that it is summer, but he really misses his classroom, teacher, and friends.
Jay took ET and Nate out to eat for breakfast before school. ET will be a first grader now!
After school I had intended on surprising ET with brownies, but Jay wanted to take him out for ice cream instead. I agreed that would be so much more special. The daycare kids and I made him a congratulations banner and I bought him a Kindergarten graduate blue ribbon to wear. He was so proud of himself! He thinks being a first grader sounds pretty cool, although he wouldn't let me call him that until the next morning. He said, "I went to Kindergarten today so I am not a first grader until tomorrow."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment