Saturday, June 5, 2010

Our 1st Campfire of the Year!

On Friday, June 4th we had our first campfire in the backyard. Jay thought it would be fun to make s'mores. He asked if we had any marshmallows. I said yes, but I wasn't sure how old they were. He found some in the cupboard and the checked the expiration date. They expired in Oct. of '09!! He gave them a taste and ruled them safe. Please don't think I'm a bad mom. :) We roasted marshmallows and just enjoyed some quality family time together (although baby Nate was in bed fast asleep for the night). ET stuffed his face with a good amount of marshmallows, but he wasn't very fond of the s'mores. He thought the cooked marshmallow had "fire on them." We took a few bites of the chocolate from his s'more and then just stuck to eating the plain old marshmallows from the bag. :)


What a happy guy!


It's funny how fast a marshmallow goes down!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun time. And, I'm pretty sure the "fire" takes away the "oldness". (I would have done the same!)

    ReplyDelete