Jay needed to do some painting in ET's bedroom this last weekend to fix the ceiling and the top border of paint around his room. I knew I was going to have to prepare ET that he would need to sleep in our bedroom for a couple nights over the weekend. He didn't put up a fight, but he was not at all excited about it. ET is the opposite of most kids...he wants NOTHING to do with mom and dad's bedroom or our bed. Ever since he was little, I would try to get him to snuggle with us a bit in our bed on a Saturday morning, just so we could get a couple more minutes of shut-eye. He just never wanted to do it. He would rather just go back and rest in his own bed. Only one time I can remember him falling asleep in our bed, and that was because he was very sick. We are definitely lucky ET is so independent in this regard. It wasn't until we told him we would move his entire mattress, all his pillows, blankies and animals into our bedroom with us, that he finally showed a little less apprehension about the whole idea. Here he is the first night...

He quickly learned how boring it is in mom and dad's room. Usually if he is not tired, he will get up and play with toys in his room for a bit. Jay and I don't mind because he always puts himself to bed when he is ready. He was pretty bored laying in our bedroom with no toys and not being able to fall asleep right away.
I asked him on Saturday morning how he liked sleeping in mom and dad's bedroom and I all I got was, "It was fine."
Before moving ET back to his bedroom on Sunday night, we rearranged things a bit and took the bed rail off his bed. I'm not sure at what age it is normal for kids to go without a bed rail, but until now I was comforted knowing he had one. We just tucked him in really well and he slept like a baby.


He was so happy to be back in his room!
Here is just another cute recent pic of ET in his jammies with all his favorite animals...
No comments:
Post a Comment