Friday night we ate at Margarita's and then spent the evening outdoors with friends playing with the kids. ET drove a kid-sized motorized Ford truck! No pics to show, but let's just say we are glad it will be many more years until he has a driver's license. :)
Saturday ET and his friend A went to the movie "Rio" together. Barb and I chuckled about it being their first date. :)
They sat so nicely for the whole movie and shared one popcorn. Neither of them ever fussed a bit. I thought it was so cute how sweetly they shared their popcorn, and drank their apple juice.
(This was ET's third time at the movie theater, but his first time with me. Papa Jim and Gma Terri took him to see "Hop" and an Earth Day movie during the month of April. "Hop" was his first movie ever in the theater.)

After the movie was over, it was around lunch time. The kids were already full from popcorn, so we headed over to Culver's for an ice cream sundae. I love this pic! You can see in the picture that ET's ice cream is almost already gone and A is just slowly enjoying hers. She is looking at him as if saying, "slow down and taste it - geez!"


For dinner, Jay grilled burgers (and took care of the whole meal). It was our first meal outdoors this year!

I absolutely love the taste of freedom again with no more baby. Nate and ET played so nicely in the yard together. Jay and I loved just chillin' in the sun and enjoying life together. I actually had a sunburn by the end of the day...maybe summer will come after all!



I am a little embarrassed of Nate's hair here. He did get a haircut on Tuesday, so it's better now. :)


After dinner, Jay and I took our new bikes and bike trailer for a spin with the boys. ET and Nate LOVED it!


Sunday morning I was rushed out of bed. I was told to go shower and get ready because it was "present time!" Jay couldn't hold his secrets any longer. :)
ET make a flower bucket during daycare hours for me. I made a few treats to go along with each child's basket.

The paper flowers in the center are ET's hands. I traced them, and he cut them out. Then we wrapped them around Popsicle sticks and curled the fingers back. :)

ET and Nate also painted a wooden flower to go in the bucket. I took a picture of each of them while they were painting.

Here is ET's card for me...the cover...

the inside...

ET also made a frog frame for me. The green spots are his fingerprints.

The back says...When you look at the spots of the frog, my fingerprints are what you see. Someday when I am all grown up, you'll still have this small memory. "Hoppy" Mother's Day! 2011

This questionairre was included in his card...
My Mom's name is...Brenda
She is special because...she gives me love, and because she shares the rocking chair with me and we snuggle together.
I like it when my Mom...tickles me, plays with me, and goes to stores with me.
My Mom can do many things! I think she's best at...doing laundry and wiping the floor.
My Mom has a pretty smile! I like to make her smile by...tickling her, and holding her hair.
My Mom is as pretty as a...flower.
My Mom is smart! She even knows...how to not be naughty.
I'd like to tell my Mom...I love her and care about her.

I had some pretty big surprises from Jay. Don't you love the wrapping paper - a brown paper grocery bag...hee hee!



At Sunday worship the kids sang a song for their Mom's. I was such a big cry baby watching ET. He was so amazing! He danced to every choreographed move they were taught, and stopped to wave at me three times. We was smiling the whole time, and really seemed to enjoy himself.




Sunday evening we headed over to Lucky's for a Mother's Day dinner.

I had a fabulous Mother's Day weekend with my two incredible boys and my amazing husband! I am such a lucky mom!



So I have to ask - what is in the box you opened where you have a shocked expression on your face? It looks like a jewelry box, am I right? :)
ReplyDelete