Here are his stats from his doctor appointment (Tuesday, August 2)...
Height: 2' 11" 97.44%
Weight: 26 lbs. 50.01% (this has gone down a bit, but he is fighting a cold this week and hasn't been eating as much because of this.)
Head circumference: 19.09" 68.69%
Nate received two shots during this appointment (Hepatitus A, and Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis). We will not need anymore shots until Kindergarten!!!! Except a finger poke (to check for lead) and flu shots.
Nate has definitely changed a lot since his last check-up (15 months). He understands just about everything and sometimes I feel like I can actually reason with him. He still talks in his own language, but he talks an awful lot of it. So far he speaks: ma-ma, da-da, ni-ni, all clean, all done, hi, and ba-ba (bye bye or baby). If asked he will... dance, show you one finger (if asked how old he is), show you his muscles while grunting (my favorite), blow his nose in a tissue (although I think he is actually blowing out of his mouth), stick out his tongue, close his eyes, point to body parts, point correctly to pictures in books when asked, and lay down for you at diaper changes. He will also sing (hum) along during our night-time song (You Are my Sunshine), and count if asked how many there are of something (his counting is rhythmic, but not in our language). He follows many commands...this is just a few of what I can remember right now. He is showing a HUGE interest in cars (preferably the matchbox size), and the Sesame Street crew (especially Elmo).
We differ with our doctor's opinion greatly when it comes to Nate's speaking. I really am not worried that he is not talking yet. If anything I am worried he will need to take speech for pronunciation (just like ET), and not because there will be a lack of words. I know that Nate will speak soon, it just has to be on his own terms. The doctor wants me to refrain from responding to his gibberish, and to stop giving in to his needs without words spoken. I just disagree at this point. A mother knows best, I guess...I hope.
Here is a picture of our adorable little guy. He is just lounging out watching a movie (we definitely limit the TV around here, but Nate LOVES when it is movie time. Don't you love the arms behind the head?...What a guy! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment