Friday, August 8, 2014

Emmett's Baseball Season...

Emmett really excelled at baseball this year.  It was a good experience overall.  Great team, great kids, great parents, and great couches!  Paul even helped out with the pitching!  The kids made it to the third game of the play-offs before losing.  Unfortunately, Emmett was only able to play the first two because we had to leave town to visit family.  We were also happy and thankful that Paul's parents could come out for one of the games this season to support him!




Nate would often sit on the bench with Emmett throughout the game and talk to the players.  I loved seeing him mingle with the older kids and feel comfortable doing this!
After Emmett's last game before playoffs we took him to our favorite restaurant to celebrate a great season.  They actually have a dessert where you can roast marshmallows over a fire and make s'mores!  Big smiles all around!



One day when going to the grocery store I found this slip of paper in the truck.  I asked Paul about it and he said he wrote it to remind himself to stay positive and encouraging during and after each of Emmett's practices and games.  He said he would rather stress the importance of having fun than anything else.  He knows that Emmett's skills will improve if he enjoys the game!  My heart just melted!  I love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment