Saturday, June 9, 2012

ET's 5th Birthday Party!


I have been asking ET what type of birthday party he would want for his 5th birthday party since January.  He told me he wanted a shark themed party, and he never once changed his mind.  He said he needed to have a "cool party, and sharks are cool."  :)
I thought long and hard how I wanted to spend our money this year, and when I saw this inflatable shark slide I knew right away it would be great for ET's party, as well as be something he and Nate could use for a long while (the weight limit per person is 150 pounds).
Because this slide took up a large portion of the budget, I also decided to make ET's party his first ever kid drop-off party.  I figured I would buy a few shark items, and make easy picnic food for the kids.  Jay and I kept the slide a surprise until the day of the party.  We only told ET that there will be a large surprise the day of his party that it would be bigger than Dad.  I think Jay and I were just as excited as he was for the big day!

The big reveal...check out that face!
 First time down...

Totally happy, and grinning from ear to ear...
The food table set-up...
Each child got their own shark lunch box, plate, picnic food, a shark necklace, a shark tooth candy necklace, and a make-your-own shark frame.  We took a group picture of everyone as soon as they all arrived.  Jay printed off the copies of the picture and we sent home the picture in each child's frame. 
Here is the shark frame the kids made with the picture Jay quickly printed off and sent home with them.  I think it was a fun little keepsake.

 Here is Nate being cute!  He never once went down the slide.  He also never once allowed anyone to say it was ET's birthday.  To him it was, "Nay-Nay's Baba!"  (Nathan's birthday.) :)
We also set up the wading pool.
Of course, I had to get a shark pinata...
You can't have a party without balloons!  Here is what 350 water balloons look like!  Jay and I were up late the night before filling them up.  Jay filled up the first 50 pack and said we were done.  I gave him that "Are you kidding me?" kind of look.  He wasn't too happy. :)





Here is the group picture of everyone!  All of ET's friends were able to come!  We had 13 children in all!  What a blessing!

Time for water balloons...
Ready, Set, GO!  They didn't last very long. :)


Lunch time!  For each kid I packed a PB&J sandwich, a banana, a baby bel cheese, a fruit leather bar, and kettle corn!  Yum!






Here are boys making goofy faces...

Cupcakes!  ET requested blue and green frosting, but I said I would just stick with blue...I had to go with the shark theme, ya know!


Everyone had a chance to hit the pinata.  ET started out, and by the second round ET successfully hit the pinata down! :)
Here is ET opening his presents.  He was very spoiled by so many great friends!

Luckily, the rain held out on us and the party was a complete success!  Everyone had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment