Nate has had a few interesting sicknesses lately...
For the past 6 months or so, Nate has run a fever every three to five weeks. His fever spikes very high (roughly 103) and lasts about two to three days. He has no other symptoms accompanying the fever (except for occasional cold like symptoms), and he snaps back very quickly. A few weeks ago he came down with another fever so I took him in to get tested.
He was spoiled by the staff because he needed to pee in a cup, do a strep test, a chest x-ray, and get blood work done. The blood work was done on his hand, and they were unsuccessful the first time so they needed to prick him twice. The second time made a BIG blood mess, and it would have scared him had I not covered his eyes the whole time. Poor guy! After all that work, thankfully they found no alarming results. I will start documenting every sickness from now on. There is something that is called "Periodic Fever Syndrome." It is an autoimmune disorder, but it is not something to be very alarmed about. I have not read a lot about it, but from what I do know, most kids grow out of it. I hope the answer to all of this is just that we had a rough winter, and Nate will be fine from here on out! Like the doctors always say, "He lives in a daycare, and we need to expect this to some degree." I just hope it will help him in the long run.
On another note...
Nate's speech is coming along great! We are working hard on his three syllable words, and completing his sentences. I am also working hard on asking higher order questions to get him thinking and discussing more. His story-telling is great, but he still needs to work on it a bit. When we are one-on-one together, he talks NON-STOP! I love it!
Note: He stutters on the word "because" a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment