I am disappointed that I have not wrote this post yet. Nate's 5th birthday was on January 19th, and it is over a month later and I am just now sitting down to write. Why? Probably because the task of writing why I love my children is not the easiest task. It is not easy because my love for my children literally consumes me. My children are the "beat of my heart, and the pulse in my veins." The fact that I would have to narrow down my thoughts and feelings to just one blog post is almost humorous. How can any mother limit her love to just a few bullet points? I can't, but I will still continue to try. I just want my boys to one day understand how great our love for them really is.
Nate, what we love about you...
Nate, what we love about you...
- We love that you are our son! Our love is unconditional! It requires nothing from you! We love you simply because you are you! We have learned to love like this because of the love Jesus has for us! We can only hope that you will love God and love yourself throughout all the years of your life!
- We love your smile and your eyes! Your smile is what motivates me to wake each new day. Your sweet voice is so fun to listen to, and the sound of you and Emmett laughing together is the most beautiful sound on earth!
- I love your hands. My favorite thing to do when holding you is to look at your hands. I know that may seem strange, but your hands will change so much over time. Your hands are what you use for everything you do in life. There is nothing more precious than to see your hands folded to pray!
- As a mother I love to hold you close and feel the top of your head on my cheek. Simply breathing you in when you are near is what gives me energy! You are one of the most affectionate boys we know. You always want to cuddle or sit on our laps. You are always giving or asking for kisses and hugs!
- We love your kisses in the middle of the night! Almost every night you wake up to go potty. Before going back to bed, you come to each side of our bed, kiss your Dad and I on the cheek and say, "I love you." I really don't know of many children that do this. It makes my heart melt every time!
- I love your hugs and cuddles every morning when you wake up. You go to bed around 8 pm, and wake around 6:15 am every morning. You have never needed very much sleep. I am always drinking my coffee and on my computer at this time. You always wake up, walk out of your room holding your Eddie and polka-dot blankie. You walk over to me right away and sit on my lap. We share kisses and hugs for a few moments before you go rest on the couch and wait for your daycare friends to arrive. If only you knew how much I love these moments!!!
- On the weekends your Dad and I will often still be sleeping when you wake. On these mornings you will crawl into bed with us. Sometimes you fall back asleep and sometimes not. On the mornings when you fall back asleep, we often lay and stare at your sweet face. I thank God for the gift of you!
- We love watching you play with your toys. Oh my word, do you LOVE your toys! You play for hours all by yourself at times! You even prefer playing with your toys more than you do watching a movie! When you play you are always so calm and peaceful. You have a wild side, but it rarely shows unless you are with a large group of kids. You still love your cars, but this year you have fallen in love with Paw Patrol and Toob animals. You are kind of like a collector when it comes to your toys, and you get very emotional if we have to throw away a broken toy or something that is old and worn.
- We love that you love playing games! You could sit and play board games all night long! You often go choose a game and ask us to play with you. You are also a master at puzzles! Memory, Tic-Tac-toe, and Paw Patrol are your favorite games right now.
- We love that you are excited to grow more and head off to Kindergarten! I love that you are not afraid, but I don't love knowing that our days together are nearing the end. You are getting older and asking so many questions. You are always so eager to learn and really enjoy doing projects for the daycare.
- We love seeing you learn to swim this year! We are also excited to sign you up for baseball in the Spring, and piano in the Fall!
- We love hearing you ask all the time if we can go to Grandview Lodge. Your Dad and I are so excited that we have found a cabin where we can have a place of tradition to return to each year! We are just so thrilled that you and Emmett feel the same way!
- We love seeing you dress yourself! Some of the outfits you choose provide us with a good laugh, but your independence is something to be proud of. This year you learned to zip up your jacket on your own! When you start Kindergarten we will teach you how to take a shower!
- Favorite friends: Emmett, Autumn, Kallie, and all your daycare friends!
- Stuffed Animals: Eddie the Cat, and Polka-Dot Blankie
- Foods: Chicken and Fries, Bread with Honey, Carrots, Apples, Baby Bel Cheese, Pizza, and Anything Chocolate!
- Movie: Paw Patrol
- TV Show: Paw Patrol
- Restaurant: Cowboy Jacks
- Toys: Cars, Paw Patrol, Toob Animals, Dinosaurs, and Legos.
- You still love to go shopping with Mommy, and love to play Legos with Daddy!
- You love to sing! Your favorite song right is "Shake It Off" and the whole Kids Bop CD.



No comments:
Post a Comment