Nate's 5th birthday was on a Monday this year. It happened to also land on Martin Luther King Day. Being that it was Nate's special day and I knew Emmett would be home from school, I did my best to make it extra special. I made Nate homemade chocolate covered donut muffins with sprinkles for breakfast. Nate loves chocolate just as much as his Mommy!
I set up a new dramatic play center. It was a hot cocoa stand! This was so much fun!!!
The kids had all the accessories to act this out. Cups with snowflake sleeves, and insulated coffee travel cups. They had pretend cocoa, cotton balls for marshmallows, a play phone, register, play money, etc....
I was so excited when I found a toy Keurig machine and a gender neutral tea set! Nate loved played with the little wooden tea bag that came with this set. He even imagined it was his keys for his car at one point. Are you surprised? Nate still has a love for cars!
The customers lined up fast...
Who wouldn't want to buy hot cocoa from this sweetheart?!
At one point in the day Nate found the Santa hat and pretended to deliver presents to everyone...
I also purchased a container of 30 soft snowballs! These were AWESOME! They were light in weight, but they could be thrown very far. They also did not hurt when they hit someone.
I set up the tables on their sides to make imaginary snow forts...
Two at a time! Watch out!
This was Emmett's favorite activity of the day!
Once I moved the tables out of the table room, the kids decided it would be fun to pretend to go ice skating! They loved this and shared a lot of laughs. I am just glad no one was injured!
We were lucky to get outside on this day!
Big brother giving little bro' a ride in the sled - how loving!
Nate was excited he found a big chunk of ice...
We had our favorite birthday tradition...Pizza picnic on the floor with a movie!
Nate requested a GIANT chocolate cake with sprinkles for his birthday! I could not deny him of this!
Here is is putting on his candles...
He's five!!!! This photo makes me teary eyed!
He loves helping to set the table...
What a guy!
I love this stream of photos of Nate with his cake. He is just so happy!!! We all sang "Happy Birthday" and he blew out his candles.
That is one BIG piece of cake!
I also surprised the kids with a Frozen CD storybook, and a Frozen Karaoke CD!
I asked Nate what he wanted to do on the night of his birthday. I was surprised when he replied with, "I do not want to go to a restaurant." I gave him a few options, but he decided to go to Pump It Up. We quickly ate some dinner, Nate opened his presents, and then we headed out the door to go have some more fun!
We got Nate a few sets of Octonaut toys...
Gma Terri and Gpa Jim had wrapped this present for Nate when they came over at Christmas.
We saved it for his birthday.
Pump It Up was such a BLAST!!!! We all got loads of exercise! Paul and I even ran around and went on all the inflatables! It was an place made for kids and grown-ups! We loved it!!!
Emmett and Nate about to do the obstacle course...
Big brother won...
Nate was not too far behind!
Emmett and Paul set up to race...
Paul won!
So many good laughs! What a memorable night!
The boys were sad when it was time to leave...























































No comments:
Post a Comment