Monday, June 13, 2011

1st Sprinkler Day of the Year!

On Fridays we normally do movie day with the daycare kids, but during the summer months we switch our movie day to sprinkler day! Surprisingly, we had very warm weather a week ago (June 3rd) and so we kicked off summer with our very first sprinkler day of the year! The kids had a blast, but they were a little disappointed I didn't have a picnic planned for them (normally we do on sprinkler days, but I just wasn't aware that this Friday would be nice enough for sprinklers). Cross your fingers there will be many more sprinkler and picnic days for us this summer!!!






Here is Nate discovering just what sprinklers are for the first time...

He was not very amused.

Look at that face! He looked at me as if saying, "Why did you put that thing where I play?!"





Still very upset about the strange contraption spraying water in his face...

The swing always cheers him up. :)


Nate definitely prefers a big bucket of water with toys to play in, than the sprinkler. It will take time, but I'm sure he will come around this summer.

The best I could get for a pic...maybe not one of his prouder moments. :)

Look at that handsome and very dirty face! You would not believe how dirty they get on sprinkler days!

No comments:

Post a Comment