Wednesday, June 1, 2011

ET and the monkey bars...

The rule at the daycare is that you have to be four years old to use the monkey bars. I feel strongly about this rule, because I believe it isn't until this age that a child truly understands his/her physical limitations and/or capabilities. Also, call me lazy if you want to, but I don't want to be standing at the monkey bars all day spotting 10 children - would you?! Anyways, because of this rule, turning four years old and being able to go on the monkey bars has truly become a rite of passage for the daycare kids. It is so fun to watch them use them for the first time.

Ever since ET turned 3 years old, he has been looking forward to going on the monkey bars. If you would have asked him, "What makes you most excited about turning four?" He would have replied, "GOING ON THE MONKEY BARS!" :)

I love how pictures tell stories...

BIG smiles! All ready to go!

Here I go! Mom, watch me!

Okay, now what? I'm just hanging here...

Maybe mom was right...that is a long way down.

I will not be defeated...

I must try again.

Here I go!

I fell...am I hurt?

No, I'm alright. Mom, did you see? I jumped from the monkey bars!!!!!


One day ET will be taller than me, and nearly as tall as those monkey bars. I will look back at these pictures when my little guy wasn't so big and reminisce of when the monkey bars were a big milestone for him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment