Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 19, 2012

Here is our sweet, cuddly, caring, funny, and smart TWO-YEAR-OLD boy!!!!




Big brother trying to get a few laughs out of Nate...

We stuck to our regular routine for Nate's birthday. We definitely celebrated with balloons and cupcakes, but Nate started out the morning going to speech like normal for Thursdays. Here is a few pics of Nate coloring during project time. We also played a with play-dough for a while, but I was too late to catch a pic of him while he was still interested.


Nate still LOVES coloring!

Nate with all his daycare friends...

For lunch the kids ate car shaped PB&J sandwiches, cooked carrots, and apple slices. I sat there watching him eat while thinking back to his first birthday. What a change since then! He has almost all his teeth now (all but his two-year molars) and can eat anything with no trouble at all and can drink from a regular cup! The only thing I need to do for him is cut off the apple skins (they are still a bit too tough to chew and swallow).

He also very much understands that he needs to eat all or most of his food before he can get a treat.

This was a silly little car treat I made for the kids. It is a fun-size candy bar with a teddy graham and four M&M's for the wheels. :) Nate was so upset that his M&M's fell off before he was done playing with it.

For his cupcakes I made cream cheese vanilla cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting and sprinkles. He loved it!


After work Jay and I figured we should go somewhere to have dinner to celebrate. We headed over to Davanni's for pizza and of course, another cupcake! WOW!

Do you notice in this picture Nate is playing with a car while we are trying to take a picture of him? That's Nate for ya...one hand is almost always on a car!




He chose to use a fork for his frosting...

and then just dove into the rest! :)

After pizza, we came home and opened presents.

Nate received a new car book, a long blue racetrack that you can configure any way you want, and another racetrack where the pieces of the track connect or come apart with four battery powered cars to go along with it.





Here is Nate in his big boy bed at the end of a very fun-filled birthday. It was hard to leave his bedroom this night. I get emotional when I think about how another year has already passed by. He is growing up so fast. Please send your prayers for Nate so that he may have another healthy and active year!

Pretending to sleep...what a cutie-pie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment