Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Nate's Birthday Party!

This year we decided to do one big party with friends and family for Nate's birthday. There were a lot of people that were able to attend, and for that we are so grateful. All but two of the daycare families came, as well as both sets of Grandparents.

Luckily, I took a few pics before anyone even arrived. The scene was set for a ton of car themed activities!


This year I put up custom-made decorations with Nate's name and age on them!


I was especially proud of my balloon wreath I made!

The tables were covered in butcher paper so the kids could color anywhere they chose. The activities included: coloring their own wooden car, coloring town/road paper with car shaped crayons, putting together your own race car with stickers, putting on car tattoos, playing with cars on the different racetracks or shooting them through cardboard tubes, playing a car video game, and a bean bag toss in a car shaped pinata.


Here you can see I set out a couple car themed books for anyone to read if they got bored...that didn't really happen. I just wanted to make sure everyone was well entertained. :) The cones were also set up if anyone wanted to play a guessing game by hiding a car under one of the cones while someone closed their eyes.

ET so badly wanted a pinata for Nate's birthday. That isn't exactly possible for an indoor January birthday, so instead I cut the top off of this pinata and made it a bean bag toss game.


Jay set up Nate's new blue racetrack from the top of the window. The kids loved this and played with it a ton.

Here is the birthday boy with his car cake! I love Angie from Rivertown Cakes in Hastings! She is incredible!

I made the cupcake picks from the set of custom-made decorations.

As each person arrived, I fitted the kids with a car party headband, and then invited each guest to fill a party hat with popcorn (caramel puffcorn or white chocolate popcorn). This was a fun snack before lunch was served.

Soon after everyone arrived, the kids got busy with all the activities. Everyone mingled so well and it looked like the kids really enjoyed themselves.




Two of the girls wore the same party dress. :)


For lunch I served...
PB&J car shaped sandwiches for the kids,
Choice of meat and cheese sandwiches or warm chicken salad sandwiches for the adults,
Turkey pasta salad with wheel shaped pasta,
A trifle dish filled with strawberries, pineapple and grapes (layered to make it looked like a stoplight) and fruit dip,
Celery and carrots sticks served in plastic cups with ranch (I labeled them "dipsticks" for the car),
Chocolate dipped pirouette cookies (more "dipsticks"),
A variety of chips,
And car shaped fruit snacks

Planning the food around a car theme was so much fun!







I love that I was able to find mini water bottles with a twist open spout for the kids...so much better than juice boxes.


How cute is this! A picnic with trays on the couch. :)

Birthday cake! Nate attempted to blow out the candles but needed a little help from Mom and big brother. :)







Although it was not expected of anyone, Nate received many generous gifts. Some of the kids wanted Nate to open his gift before they left. Here is a pop-up car tent he received from A. I love this pic!


After the party was over, Jay and I started cleaning up right away. I went downstairs for a moment to put some stuff away and I found this on the daycare table...

ET was sneaking fruit snacks! He never did get the bag cut open all the way. When I confronted him about it and asked him why he decided to stop himself, he replied saying, "Because I thought I might get in trouble and so I didn't eat any." I couldn't help but smile...his conscience is working well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment