Monday, November 5, 2012

Preschool Halloween Party!

I took a lot of time planning the activities for the preschool Halloween party this year.  We celebrated Halloween on November 1st because I had the day before off of work.  I was a little emotional that ET wouldn't be with us this year.  I told him this, and he replied with, "Don't worry Mom, we can play fun stuff when I get home from school."  He is such an incredible kid!

Here are the pics from our party...

Group picture!
 We started out with a couple projects.  I read the book, Pumpkin Jack and we placed pumpkin growth pictures in sequential order.


 Our next book was, Where's My Mummy?  We completed a marshmallow mummy craft/writing activity...


 Next I set up all the GAMES!  Here is throw the spider at the web and get it to stick...
 Vacuum suck the pumpkin seeds with a Halloween straw and transfer them to the other plate...

 Balloon games!  Catch the balloon with the Halloween cup!
 Bowling...
 Toss the glow necklace on the witches hat...
 
 Toss the bean bags in the jack-o-lantern buckets...
 Book, Go Away Big Green Monster with felt activity...

 Licorice eating contest!  Hands behind your back, first one to gobble it up wins! :)


  Halloween board game with dice...
 
 Pumpkin Pie Play-dough...
 Sensory bucket with dried corn, beans, tweezers, magnifying glasses and other Halloween trinkets...
 Lot's of dancing!!!

 Candy corn colored lunch! 
 Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater?  We found the rhyming words in this poem.  Do you like pumpkin flavored foods?  Stand on the pumpkin with the "yes" or the "no."
 Emmett's home from school!  Pumpkin pie for snack!



 Coordinating costumes...Police officers!
 Homemade duck and monkey...
Watch out!  The tigers are out!
 POUNDING PUMPKINS!!!  This was so much fun for the kids!  They took turns pounding golf tees into pumpkins to make a polka-dot pumpkin.

 Sticker face Jack-o-lanterns!
 We made a lot of lasting memories for Halloween 2012!



No comments:

Post a Comment