Thursday, August 23, 2012

Brotherly Love...

I wrote in my earlier post that ET and Nate have been playing a lot more now that Nate is talking.  ET absolutely loves having sleepovers at Grandma and Papa's house, and he has been asking a lot recently for a sleepover.  I remembered that I used to have sleepovers with my sisters when I was younger and so I let the boys know that they could camp out in each others room on a weekend if they wanted to.  We decided it would be best to have ET sleep in Nate's room.

So at 8:00 pm the official chaos started....  First, they were somewhat quiet and giggly.  Shortly after my loud, wild and crazy boys came out.  They played like boys do for a good half hour.  It reminded me of the book, Where the Wild Things Are.  They roared with imagination and I just loved listening in.

When ET wanted to finally shut the lights off and go to sleep, Nate shouted "NO, PLAY!"  ET eventually chose to pack up his things and leave camp for the night so he could find peace and quiet in his own bed.  I really didn't step in to parent any of this.  I actually enjoyed watching them make decisions for themselves.  They are getting so big and I am amazed with each new stage we enter.  I love our boys!


This was actually Nate's first night without his bed rail!
For this night we chose the book, No More Monkeys Jumping On the Bed.  We felt it would be a good influence for them to not jump - I was kidding myself. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment