ET: Mommy, do mommies and daddies sometimes do the Easter Bunny's work for him?
Me: What? No, the Easter Bunny does it himself. Who told you that?
ET: A--- (a friend at daycare).
Without ET seeing me, I watched as he confronted A---...
ET: Mommies and daddies do not do the Easter's Bunny's work for him.
A---: Well, ET...(pausing to try and think of a better way to let ET down easy).
Interrupting ET replies with: You can think what you want to think, and I will think what I want to think.
I have taught ET time and time again to just "agree to disagree" when someone does not see things the way he does. I was so happy to see him finally reiterate my own words, and be confident in his own thinking, and also do it with a respectful tone.
I really just hope we are many years from him discovering the truth regarding this subject!
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Well as A's mom, I'm SHOCKED that she had this conversation! I had NO idea and I do not know where she picked up that information. Sorry! I'm glad ET stood his ground with her.
ReplyDeleteAfter learning this, I mentioned how the Easter Bunny was going to be coming soon and she made no mention of it being mommy's and daddy's doing the work.