In the past ET has shown little or no interest in crafts or coloring. There has been many battles to get him to complete his work. He has always proven to be very capable drawing, writing, cutting and pasting, but he often will play the "I can't do it" card just to get out of doing the work. Lately, that has changed drastically. He is now one of the first to finish projects, and is proud to show off his work. He also chooses to color pictures during his spare time, and loves just drawing with a pen in an empty notebook. I am not sure what has changed in him - just age I suppose, but I welcome it happily. Being that ET has really taken a turn lately, I have made a new promise to myself. I want to make a habit out of taking pictures of his work regularly so that I have a way of saving the memories, but without have to rent a storage unit. :)
Here is just a teeny tiny sample of all that he has completed...
This is one he did a long time ago (January, 2009 - 20 months old). I saved this one because it shows the outline of his hands. For this project he needed to decorate his paper with items from the collage box. This is one type of project he has always loved! He just likes digging through the collage boxes, and finding all sorts of treasures to glue onto his work.

I believe he completed this one last summer (2010). I was proud of him because he placed the right number of circle stickers next to each number all on his own!

In August we learned about different famous artists. This was a remake of Vincent Van Gogh's painting tiled, "Vase with Twelve Sunflowers."

In September our theme was "Family Tree, Pets & Me!" This is our cat, Eddie!

September = Apple Time! We learned about Johnny Appleseed!

In November we learned about farms and barns, hence the green tractor...

November - Gobble, gobble...

In December our theme was "Winter in the Woods."

In February we learned about different nursery rhymes. This was a project about the rhyme titled, "There Was An Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe..." ET had to cut apart the pages to the mini-book and place them in sequential order. Then he had to lace up the shoe and color it. He drew a pig...he must have been thinking of the "Three Little Pigs." :)



This month we are learning about birds. ET was so happy that he saw a crow outside the other day. He was excited to tell his friends about it. Here is an owl, a bird's beak, and a bird puppet...

Every month the kids get a "Practice Pal" where they practice tracing lines, and then practice writing letters or words on the opposite side. Here ET was supposed to trace the lines that resembled the feathers of the flamingo. He was creative and thought he would add a line across each feather and make them look like the letter A.

Here is the opposite side of the "Practice Pal." B is for bird!

Each month the kids are given an "I Can Read" book. They typically learn three new sight words, and then have to search for those words and circle them in the book. This month the book was tilted, "Fly Away." His sight words were: see, play, and away. I included this picture because I was impressed with how well he colored the fox within the lines.


Here are some samples of his drawings that he has been doing during his free-time...
A person...

Another person...

He LOVES tracing his hand...

Then turning his hand into a dinosaur! Clever - huh? He thought of this all on his own, and he actually called the spikes he drew the "spine!" What a little genius!

He drew this for me (mommy) the other day...it's hearts! He is such a sweetie!

He drew this one for daddy. Check out the sun, sky, grass, trees with leaves...well okay everything! It's just beautiful! I'm his mom, so I can be boastful! :)

ET has also taken an interest in spelling words lately. He will tell me what words start with and then try to sound them out on his own. Here he had fun playing with tape and paper. He wrote the word "paper" on it...I helped him with this one, but he has been trying to spell on his own. This weekend he spelled park, "P-R-C!" That's pretty good if you ask me!

Okay, so clearly I had some catching up to do. Like I wrote before, I promise to take pictures of his work more often.



No comments:
Post a Comment