Thursday, July 28, 2011

An afternoon in Stillwater...

One of Jay's and my favorite places to go for the day is Stillwater. We love to walk down by the river and watch the boats, go window shopping, and eat lunch out on one of the many patios offered. Matter of fact this was where we spent the day just two days before giving birth to ET. I can remember so clearly how bored Jay and I were that Memorial Day weekend. We had everything washed and ready, and the house was spotless. We were so bored we just wanted me to go in labor so we had soemthing to do! HA! Wow - wouldn't I love for a weekend to just be bored now. :)
We recently went to Stillwater on a date for our 7 year anniversary and it was blissful. We ate dinner at The Luna Rossa and had a drink at Reve's 324 while we watched live music.
On Friday, we planned to spend the afternoon in Stillwater again and so I told ET we were going somewhere fun. After a about an hour of window shopping he said to me, "Mommy, going to stores is not fun." I couldn't believe it! The day has finally come where ET realizes that shopping and running errands is not exactly fun. Up until now he was always so content to get out of the house and sight see different places and people. He wasn't at all upset, he just wanted something fun to do. Luckily Stillwater was celebrating Lumberjack Days, and so there was plenty of rides to surprise him with just near the river. This definitely put a smile on his face. :)





There were about six different large jumping apparatuses to choose from. ET also chose to go down a large blown-up tiger mouth slide. I accidentally erased my pic of this.

Check out the water level!!! We normally walk this path when we go down to the river. It must have been at least 6 feet higher than what it normally is!

YIKES! I'm not sure how even small boats are getting under the bridge at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment