Friday, July 1, 2011

Uh-Oh....

A couple weeks ago ET found a little red heart charm in the backyard. We have been learning about islands, pirates and treasures this month and so he honestly felt as though he found a real treasure. He held on to this charm all evening and then even went to bed with it. After he went down for the night I went to the grocery store and when I returned Jay told me I better go talk to ET. Apparently ET had accidentally swallowed the charm. When I opened the door to his bedroom to go talk with him, he looked two seconds at me and then sobbed harder than I have ever seen. He was crying so hard that he couldn't talk and wasn't even making a sound. At this point I knew he had already learned a lesson and a lecture was not exactly necessary. I sat with him and rubbed his forehead, and back and just reassured him that everything would be okay. After finally catching his breath, he told me that he might die and that he really, really, really wished he could get his heart back. After talking through things a bit he said, "It's okay if I die mommy because then Jesus will get the heart out of my body." I told him I don't want him to die, and he replied again with, "Well, your going to die someday too so we can see each other then." How exactly do you respond to that? We have talked about this in the past after he learned a bit at Sunday school, and he cried after he learned that everyone eventually dies. I mean I want him to understand the seriousness of death, but I don't want him scared that it is going to happen any time soon. It is all normal, but it shows his innocence and so I felt the need to blog about it. Can any moms out there relate to the death talks?

After our talk ET was pretty exhausted and so it wasn't too much longer after leaving his room and he was out like a light. I went in once more to check on him and this is how I found him. You can see he is holding tight to his favorite ducky. I love this sweet sweet boy!



Update: After a week of not seeing anything in his stools, the doctor asked him to come in for lead test. I received a call from the doctor today that everything seems normal, but they want him to retest again in 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment