Monday, February 6, 2012

BAM!

I would just like to write how absolutely adorable I think it is that ET thinks the word "BAM" is a verb. He uses this word quite a bit throughout his play time since his new favorite things lately are Star Wars and Angry Birds.
A lot of other kids ET's age have been introduced to Angry Birds, and Star Wars and so we thought it would be okay to show him what these things are all about. He shows great attention when watching Star Wars and asked loads of questions. I know he is understanding a ton of it too because he is able to reiterate what happened in many of the scenes. He seems to have taken a boost in his vocabulary lately and is sounding more and more mature. That is, except for the word "BAM!"

For example...
"How about I BAM you with my sword and then you fall over, and then you get up and BAM me!"

How adorable is that?! I have tried to explain to him that BAM is really a sound and not an action. Instead, we might use words such as... pound, hit, strike, etc.
He says he knows, but he just likes the word BAM! Like I said, he is maturing fast enough lately. I don't think I need to feel pressure on fixing this one. To be quite honest, I love it!

Oh, and since we are talking words here I should also write about ET's fascination with the word "duty." ET seriously believes he made this word up and anytime he cracks a joke, he almost always says the word "duty." There has been a few times when he has heard someone say the word "duty" on TV; as in "heavy duty." I cannot tell you how hard ET belly laughs when he hears someone say this word. He truly laughs so hard that he can't catch his breath. What a goof!

No comments:

Post a Comment