We walked in and thought we would start with Nate's 2 year photos. So glad we did this, because Nate only lasted a couple minutes. He became incredibly frightened of the flash from the large lights and the popping sound the camera and flash made every time the woman took a picture. Each time she took a pic, he just got more and more scared and worked up.
While this was unraveling, ET was just sobbing because he was tired, and because I had taken off a band-aid from his finger (he had a finger prick at the doctor just hours before). Most of the time, ET is very easy to persuade or turn around in moments such as these, but NOT THIS TIME. Jay eventually had to bring him to the bathroom to have a "talk" with him. Let me remind you, this is all happening while Nate is now SCREAMING in front of the camera.
Okay, so we stopped and decided to do a few family photos. We only could capture one mediocre shot. Bummer!
We were pushing our luck, but by this time both boys had stopped crying so we wanted to try for a few pictures of ET and also a few shots of the boys together. We were able to get a couple of ET, but when we placed Nate back in front of the camera he just screamed right away.
I wasn't going to reschedule because I feel like at least I was able to capture the moment for what it was. I was so confident that Nate would do well this time because he is over his shy phase, but apparently there are new obstacles to overcome. Oh well, maybe next year we will actually catch that adorable little grin! :)











The last picture is priceless. If the photo shoot had gone as planned, you'd never remember it; but since they made it so memorable, you'll be talking about it for years! :)
ReplyDelete